Happy Father’s Day to all you Dads out there!
In this episode of Addicted to the Mouse Podcast, we discussed all of the “Dad Things” to do in Disney World. Some amazing places for kids to enjoy, where can you, get some rest, the best bbq joints, how to avoid heat while you’re visiting Disney World, and much more.
Tune in now!
[01:27]- THE PRE-SHOWS ARE COMING BACK
Mulan is returning to the China Pavilion. The Preshows to the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Rock n Roller Coaster, and the Stretching room of the Haunted Mansion, have finally come back.
[05:45] – PLACES WHERE KIDS CAN BLOW OFF STEAM
We discuss some amazing places which the kids will love:
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant in the Magic Kingdom – Awesome playground with AC
- Casey Jr. Splash ‘n’ Soak Station – Best place to let the kids go wild.
- Tom Sawyer Island in Magic Kingdom
- A cool splash pad, when you enter from Future World into the World Showcase
- Sea Base building near The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- The Boneyard Playground in Animal Kingdom
- The petting zoo
[15:20] – PLACES TO JUST TAKE A LOAD OFF
There are really some good places at Disney World for parents to take a rest.
- Magic Kingdom – East center street in Magic Kingdom
- A dead-end street near Cinderella Castle- Shaded, has a couple of tables and is always vacant.
- Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant – Has a great view of the castle from there.
- Rapunzel’s Tower- Has seating areas, charging ports, and the best bathroom on the property.
- Tom Sawyer Island- Fabulous rocking chairs
- Tortuga Tavern in Adventureland – Only open when the park is super busy. They have shaded seating there even if it is closed.
[18:13] – CHILL IN THE HUB GRASS
Although, there are many options to rest and relax. But if you cannot find a chair, then the hub is a great place to just sit and chill out. It may not be your first choice in sunny or rainy weather, but it is a great place to just hang out.
- The American Pavilion inside the American Adventure – pavilion Amphitheater there and a lot of performances.
- La Cantina de San Angel – Quick service Mexico Pavilion restaurant. Breezy with shade.
- The Canada Pavilion- There’s a stage where the Jammitors performs.
- Stunt Spectacular in Hollywood Studios – It’s covered, so whether it’s raining or sunny, it’s a fantastic place to sit down.
- Sunset Boulevard- There are so many benches.
- Nomad Lounge in Animal Kingdom- There’s an outside porch with fans, shade, and some nice cushy comfy seats
[22:26] – DISNEY SPRINGS
We’ve sorted some best places in Disney Springs if you want to take a load off as well as get a drink.
- Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar – They have both indoor and outdoor seating. It’s a bar but kids can go!
- Dockside Margaritas – Great habanero margarita with live musicians performing.
- Magic Kingdom – The only way to get a drink at Magic Kingdom is to eat a meal at a table service restaurant in the Magic Kingdom. Contemporary or the Grand Floridian can be the best option to eat and grab a drink.
- The American Adventure in Epcot. Have a lot of American Beers
- Baseline Taphouse in Hollywood Studios- They have all the beers on tap and all are west coast beers.
- The Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge in Hollywood Studios – If you want more of a classic bar environment, it is a great place to go.
- The Coca-Cola Rooftop Bar, Paddlefish Rooftop Bar, The beer and pretzels in Germany are also great
[29:36] – PLACES TO GET A BITE TO EAT
- Casey’s Corner in The Magic Kingdom – Interesting looking hotdogs
- Pinocchio Village Haus – Tasty flatbreads and nachos
- Pecos Bill’s – The nachos there are really worth your money
- Regal Eagle in Epcot- Their barbeque is awesome
- Via Napoli – If you want some great pizza
- Yorkshire in UK – Superfast order of fish and chips
- Ronto Roasters in Hollywood Sudios – They’ve got great pita sandwich
[36:34] – THRILL RIDES FOR THE SOLO DAD
- Splash Mountain
- TRON (when it opens)
- Soarin’ in Epcot
- Tower of Terror
[38:15] – PLACES TO GRAB SOME AC
While visiting Disney World you need to know how to get out of the heat and grab some Air Conditioning. A good tactic is to go to gift shops, theaters, restaurants, etc. not just to shop or dine but to avoid the heat.
- The Hall of Presidents
- Carousel of Progress
- PeopleMover in Tomorrowland to get a nice breeze
- Big Top Souvenirs – Gift Shop with best AC
- Philharmagic – AC with entertainment
- The Mexico Pavilion
- Mitsukoshi Department Store
- Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater
[46:35] – COOL NOSTALGIA
- The Flag Retreat Ceremony at the Magic Kingdom
- Hall of Presidents in Magic Kingdom
- Voices of Liberty in Epcot
- The Indiana Jones Show
SPECIAL REMINDER: The fall itineraries for Disney Cruise Line are also coming up, and so the bookings for DCL ships have started. If you want to book a cruise, please reach out to us. You will also get an on-board credit for DCL bookings based on the cost of your cruise!!
You can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also go over to http://www.fantasticalvacations.com to check out the sponsor of AttM, our concierge travel agency with many great agents that specialize in these destinations.
This episode is sponsored by Fantastical Vacations. For free concierge vacation planning, specializing in Disney and Universal Vacations, visit https://www.fantasticalvacations.com
If you enjoyed this episode of Addicted to the Mouse Podcast, then please consider reviewing, subscribing and sharing our podcast and join us every Sunday and Wednesday for new episodes!
Connect with us here:
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/worthmelting4
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/AddictedtotheMouse/
Instagram – https://instagram.com/addictedtothemouse/
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.addictedtothemouse.com