Gentlemen, let’s face it. For those of us that enjoy the occasional relaxing brew while on vacation, there is nothing more important than to know the best places to grab a beer in Walt Disney World. Sure, it’s the most magical place on earth, but it can also be a stressful place. From the amount of money you’re spending to put those smiles on your kids’ faces to the congestion of thousands of other families trying to push their way through crowded parks, a nice beer can really help you to just enjoy the moment.
Beer in Walt Disney World is not a new thing, but getting a good beer can be range from easy to very tricky – depending on where you are. I consider myself a novice beer connoisseur. We make our own craft beer at home, keep six corny kegs on tap, and have a beer fridge full of commercial craft beers. That said, I’ve narrowed down this list based on my tastes (with some input from Leslie…yes, she enjoys beer almost as much as I do) which lean more toward the hoppier, craft beer flavors. So, let’s get down to it based on location. The first four best places for beer are found in each of the four major theme parks. Number five is found at Disney Springs. Finally, number six and seven reside in Disney resorts.
- Epcot – As a place known for hosting a “Food and Wine Festival,” there should be no surprise that you can find beer in abundance at this park. In fact, many Disney vacationers have partaken in a little game termed, “Drinking Around the World,” where each person will get a different alcoholic beverage in each of the eleven country pavilions (twelve if you count the outpost between China and Germany). I’ve never played, but I can only imagine that the whole point is to try and remain upright? Regardless, the best place by far to get a beer is the Rose and Crown Dining Room in the United Kingdom. Here, you can find the largest selection of ales, lagers, and stouts in an authentic English pub. Here is a picture of the Rose and Crown:
- Animal Kingdom – You can find regular beer in Walt Disney World in many places, but if you’re craving something a little different, look no further than the Dawa Bar in Africa (a land inside Disney’s Animal Kingdom). My basic go-to beer in the Animal Kingdom is the Safari Amber. This amber has a little more body than the customary national lagers and can be ordered at almost any beer stand in the park. However, when I’m craving something better, I head over to the Dawa Bar and grab either a Sweetwater IPA or a Victory Golden Monkey. Both offer a great reprieve from the ordinary park beer.
- Hollywood Studios – I tried not doing this to you, fellas. But I have to go with Sci-Fi Dine In Theater for number three. It’s not the best location because you can’t easily walk up and order a beer. That said, they’ve got the best selection from Yuengling to IPAs. If you have the opportunity to get a reservation here, enjoy the moment (and the A/C) and relax with a nicer brew in an actual glass. You’ve earned it! This is a beer-induced selfie taken inside Sci-Fi:
- Magic Kingdom – The hardest place to find beer in Walt Disney World is inside the Magic Kingdom. This is because it’s a relatively new thing to even be allowed inside, but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible! There is one catch. You have to get beer from table service restaurants in the Magic Kingdom. That being said, the best place is Be Our Guest Restaurant in Fantasyland. My suggestion is to go with the Chimay Blue. It’s good stuff.
- There is an abundance of beer in Disney Springs. It’s also our favorite place to relax when visiting Disney World. There is one place that stands out above the rest for beer here. Number five on our list is Ragland Road Irish Pub in The Landing section of Disney Springs. This is a traditional Irish pub and an incredible place to relax with a beer. If you haven’t been before, it’s worth a trip just to see the wood work inside the bar. As a side note, the fish and chips are excellent as well!
- Disney’s BoardWalk – At number six is the Big River Grille and Brewing Works. This microbrewery offers the most unique beer on property. They’ve got some fantastic recipes that pair well with the great food. Not to mention, the ambiance is fantastic. It is located right on the BoardWalk and you can sit outside and enjoy the experience. Here is the Big River beer flight:
- Contemporary Resort – And finally, number seven is the California Grill. To be fair, this is an upscale dining experience and not just a bar. That said, they have an amazing beer and wine selection. Here’s my tip to the dad’s out there – bring your wife here for date night. Or if that’s not an option, bring the whole family and eat dinner while watching the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom. Yes, the restaurant overlooks the Magic Kingdom. My favorite beer selection here is Jai Alai from Cigar City Brewing. It’s really hoppy and really well done.
So, these are the seven best places to get beer in Walt Disney World. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think about any of these. I also really want to know if you prefer any other locations. Cheers!